High lift, ultra efficient wing. Dramatically increased range and power, allowing you to use a far smaller wing than is typical in each set of conditions.
Designed and tested at our NeilPryde Maui Design Center by Nils Rosenblad, former NeilPryde Windsurfing sail designer and America’s Cup engineer, then further developed through our team’s feedback from across the world. No stone is left uncovered in our relentless drive to be the best at what we do.
- High Lift Coefficient Concept – Due to the highly refined LE geometry and entry shaping, each wing produces the maximum thrust (power and acceleration) for its size. This dramatically increases the range, allowing riders to use a smaller wing than is typical in each set of conditions. The result is easier handling and greater maneuverability.
- Performance Driven Static Tension Distribution – On the beach, NP wings have a canopy tension distribution similar to a windsurf sail, with maximum tension forward that gradually relaxes towards the trailing edge. Once the wing is loaded, the result is a better flying shape with the camber staying locked forward and a clean trailing edge.
- Modified Delta Planform – This creates a more efficient LE shape and an elliptical spanwise lift distribution for better upwind performance and control.
- Dihedral Front Profile – The dihedral angle allows higher aspect ratios due to increased wingtip clearance and increases performance by making the upper portion of the wing more vertical during straight line flight. It also makes the wing very roll stable, especially when flagging.
- Low Drag Wingtips with Linear Washout – The small LE diameter at the wingtips reduces drag and allows dynamic twist. This improves low end acceleration during pumping as well as control when powered up.
- Vented Strut – The large opening between the LE and the front of the fill panel (which connects the canopy to the strut) allows the pressure to equalize across the two sides of the wing. This improves overall performance and makes the wing even more stable.
- High Tension Canopy with Structured Camber Lens –
- Transverse Canopy Paneling –
- Integral Batten System
- Staggered Material Weights on LE
- Boundary Panel on Canopy Perimeter
- PVC Windows with Structural Elements
- Rigid Tubular Handles with Proprietary Base System
- Ergonomic Design
- Integral Impact Protection
- Drop Grip Front Handle
- Calibrated Handle Positions
Valves & bladders
- Independent LE and Strut valves
- Separate Air Chambers
- Push Valve for Quick Inflation & Deflation
- Bladder Made in Germany
- Anti-Twist-System for Bladder
Included with wing
- Backpack Style Wing bag with carry assistant, helm and pump attachment points and various accessory pockets
- Repair Kit (including bladder repair kit, canopy repair patch, canopy material)
|Size (m2)||Window||LE pressure (psi)||Strut pressure (psi)||Leash length (cm)||Wind range
(kts – for rider about 75kg)
Vedi anche https://www.neilpryde.com/products/fly