> COMPLETELY REDESIGNED FOR 2023, INCLUDING NEW MATERIALS NEVER USED BEFORE IN WINDSURFING – PENTA TX.
> RADICAL HIGH ASPECT RATIO TO MATCH THE LOW-DRAG HYDROFOIL DEMANDS
> DRAFT POSITION IS NOW DIRECTLY IN-BETWEEN YOUR HANDS TO IMPROVE CONTROL AND WIND RANGE
The WARP_FOIL extends our PWA and IFCA fin slalom champion sail range. It’s a specific and highly advanced foil design suited for foil racers looking for something that complements the low-drag of the hydrofoil. Compared to traditional fin sailing you have approximately 70% lower drag on the foil. Therefore it requires a totally different sail design (profile, twist pattern, aspect ratio) to match the low-drag hydrofoils.
The 20.23 lineup is fully focused on the new PWA slalom foil rules. This required a complete redesign from scratch and turned out to become the most intense racing sail development in our history. The development took chief designer Kai Hopf and chief tester Marco Lang around the globe to Lake Garda, Southern France, the Netherlands, Tenerife and Maui incorporating all our World Cup team riders.
Fortunately, all these efforts have paid off since the new WARP_FOIL 20.23 is simply mind-blowing outperforming not only its predecessor on the water in all aspects. The new WARP_FOIL 20.23 not only helps you to fly faster on the foil, but also with more comfort and control.
But how did we achieve such radical improvements?
– The WARP_FOIL 20.23 now features an even more radical high aspect ratio (longer luff and shorter boom length) which increases the efficiency on the hydrofoil
– The double-foil sleeve width is nearly twice as wide now which has a tremendous effect on the flying shape aerodynamics
– The draft position got moved right in-between your hands so that you remain always in control avoiding any instability over an incredible wind range
– One of the most important changes was to replace the XPly material in the double-sleeve with PENTA TX. This is an exclusive high-tech material our Kite division developed 3 years ago. It offers better elasticity than XPly (= more control). But at the same time, it has 5-times higher tear resistance and 50% less stretch compared to standard Dacron. This way Kai was able to squeeze out nearly 10% of the weight (400-500g) but without sacrificing durability. On the water the difference is even more racial as we could not find any other foil racing sail offering such a low sailing weight!
– Another huge improvement was achieved through the new FLAT ENTRY PROFILE which reduces the aerodynamic drag. With this you gain more speed, better acceleration plus more lift.
In our eyes, the WARP_FOIL 20.23 redefines the benchmark of the control to performance to wind-range ratio. It’s purely designed to win low-drag hydrofoil races!
Attention: for maximum performance the WARP_FOIL is equipped with 4 carbon tube battens. These battens are stiffer but unfortunately also more fragile than glass tube battens. Therefore, they are excluded from our warranty!
|BOOM MAX (CM)||166||180||194||212||226|
|LUFF MAX (CM)||382||422||464||508||548|
|CAMBER||4 + 2 SLEEVE INDUCER||4 + 2 SLEEVE INDUCER||4 + 2 SLEEVE INDUCER||4 + 2 SLEEVE INDUCER||4 + 2 SLEEVE INDUCER|
|MAST TYPE (BEST/ALT.)||PLATINUM / —||PLATINUM / —||PLATINUM / —||PLATINUM / —||PLATINUM / —|
|MAST GEO (BEST/AMAST||SDM/–||SDM/–||SDM/–||SDM/–||SDM/–|
ATTENTION: since the mast geometry and length (= stiffness) depend on the sail design, size and luff curve the sails will NOT work with any masts outside the recommendations!