Introducing the Slingwing for Wingsurfing & Wing Foiling
We didn’t come up with the symmetrical wing concept, but the Slingwing was a FIRST, at least as far as we are aware, in utilizing our inflatable kite technology to ensure a lightweight, safe & floatable product.
Looking back, it’s clear why the Kite Wing worked on snow and ice but the water-bound Wind Weapon never really took off. The reason: Friction (or lack of). Friction is the reason we haven’t seen handheld wings work for water sports, and the reason we kept the Slingwing tucked away in the R&D vault until only recently.
Enter the Foil
Foiling essentially eliminates all friction once you’re up and riding. Being a pioneer and leader in all things foiling, we knew someday soon larger wings with more lift and better riders would evolve to a point where a device like the Slingwing would have a place. Like a lot of things Slingshot and designer Tony Logosz has created over the years, the Slingwing was simply ahead of its time.
1. What is it?
Benefits of the inflatable technology
- It’s lightweight
- Easy hand control
- It floats (safety)
- It offers convenient, fast set up
- It’s packable. With easy storage.
- It’s less expensive than rigid frame wings.
- Cruising at all points of sail (upwind, downwind, across the wind)
- Great for catching waves and downwind swell riding
- Easy to tack, jibing and turn
- Easy to disengage all power
- Top Speed determined by your foil and wind speeds